You use your eyes every day to perform daily tasks, routines and hobbies much more than you are aware of. Sometimes, one neglects to take good care of the vision that is given him. This neglect for some people leads to eye diseases, complications or problems. Visual impairment can be very difficult that one often seeks the help of ophthalmologists to cure or restore his vision back to normal.
With the advancement of technology, there are different high tech eye surgeries that you could choose from. One of the most common operations is the eye laser surgery. This technique uses a laser excimer to adjust the curvature of your cornea in order for images to be clearly focused at the back of your eye. Patients who have undergone the operation will be given back their sharp vision after a few days.
It is important to take care of your eyes. Here are some reminders for you:
• Do not wear contact lenses for more than 19 hours. Wearing contact lenses this long will give discomfort to your eyes and in most cases will lead to permanent eye damage. Another thing to bear in mind when wearing contact lenses is not to sleep with it. Your eyes need continuous supply of oxygen. Wearing contact lenses especially when you are asleep blocks the flow of oxygen.
• Place cold cucumber on your eyelids. In order to prevent eye puffiness, it is recommended that you press cucumber slices on your eyelids for about ten minutes before going to sleep.
• Your diet should include lots of fruits and vegetables. Vegetables like the carrots are very helpful in improving and maintaining a good visual. The beta carotene in carrot is an antioxidant that reduces muscular degeneration.
• When the sun is scorching hot and you are out, wear sunglasses. Ensure that the lenses in the sunglasses are polarized. Exposure to ultraviolet rays for a long time will damage your eyesight.
• Decrease the amount of time spent in front of computer screens. Looking at the computer monitor for some time will strain and dry your eyes which will later lead to problems and complications.